Wandering Steps
Coincidence?
Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I don't really know that there's a different between being happy as an expression and being happy as a feeling.

It's a simple five seconds encounter with my elementary History (or was it Social Studies?)teacher. He was inside the shuttle while I going down from it. I heard somebody call my name, I thought it was just my brother's friend so I reluctantly looked as soon as I got down. And I was really, really surprised when I saw him (my teacher) beaming down at me. I was like O_O 'Tito Jo--' and then the shuttle left.

Really. I was so struck to see him there. Inside the shuttle. I was like what the heck is he doing here. And I'm so lucky to be in the same shuttle as he was. Maybe that's the reason why I left the school late just so we could see each other. Anyway, as I realized that it was him. I felt this unfamiliar sensation in my chest and I think you call it happiness. And I was left smiling all by myself rewinding that short moment of seeing him.

Don't get me wrong. He was my teacher and probably my most favorite ever. I can't remember how I did in his class back then. Hah. I suddenly remember the first time he came into our lives.

It was when I was in Grade 5 and I think my original Social Studies was pregnant and had to take a leave. That's how he magically enter the chaotic classroom of ours. I remember my classmates making fun of him because of his Jose Rizal hairstyle and his funny way of dressing and walking (or even talking, I think). I thought he was just another substitute. Maybe because of his cool way of teaching that the school decided to hire him as a permanent teacher. He became our teacher until Grade 6.

Thinking about it, he and I weren't really close but I believe that he still make an impact in my life nonetheless. I can't say the reason why because truthfully, I already have an unclear memory of how my Grade 6 life was.

Tito Joemel was a very bright and interesting person (I'm thinking hard on how his teaching skills were). Okay. I'm ending this now because I can't remember anything.

All I know is that I feel really, really happy that I saw him again. I quickly thanked God for it, telling Him that he must be his gift for my birthday. I really appreciate it, Lord. Really. :)

0 comments

Profile
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Life is not for a lifetime. Maybe our shared thoughts will be
I collect memories, promise to cherish them, scared to forget everything Writing is wonderful

Invitation grants farewell






SITES


Twitter
Tumblr